Tuesday, January 3, 2017

My Own Homemade Vegetable Soup

HOMEMADE VEGETABLE SOUP - so easy and so satisfying!









(This is not my actual dish as my camera takes REALLY poor quality pics. It is pretty close though.)


Prep time: About 10 minutes.   Cook time:  About 20 minutes.

This is my version of homemade vegetable soup.  Here is how it is made.

Ingredients:

Frozen package of sliced carrots
Frozen package of broccoli spears with cheese (packaged for steaming)
Frozen package of mixed vegetables
Large Container of Beef Broth
Seasoning Salt by Mrs. Dash (Table Blend)
Garlic Salt
1 envelope of Lipton's Onion Soup (dried soup blend)
Couple big splashes of Worcestershire Sauce
Ground chuck (about a hamburger patty size)

I used a big cooking pot and browned the hamburger meat first with some of the seasoning sprinkled on top.  I always chop the meat up with a large plastic serving spoon to get it into a crumbled state.  Then pour in the Beef Broth.  Add the frozen vegetables and the seasonings, the dry onion soup and the Worcestershire Sauce.  Season to taste.  Mix it all together and cover until it comes to an almost boil.  Turn the heat way down and let it cook slowly for 15 to 20 minutes or until the aroma gets the better of you and you have to have some. ENJOY!

*I find that when you are trying to keep your calories down, having this type of homemade nutritious soup on hand is a great way to fill your tummy which usually stops unwanted cravings for food that is NOT  so healthy.  Eating foods with fiber or high nutritional value is both filling and satisfying.  This one is a great way to get in the daily requirement of veggies.

**I never wrote my own recipe before so I hope this makes sense to you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment